Knysna is going to ROCK!!! Summer 2020 Knysna Live Music Events!
UPDATE Tuesday 8 December: Due to the growing concerns around escalating Covid-19 cases in Knysna, the likelihood of further restrictions and a possible all-out ban on events in the near future, these shows have been cancelled.
It's been a strange and difficult year and we are all counting the days 'till we can have fun in the sun, long days on the beach, put sandy feet up, have long lunches, lie-ins, late nights, gin & tonics… and Knysna is waiting for you with open arms to offer all of that, and more! There are some fantastic live music events during the Summer season that I thought I would let you know about.
Blend Country Restaurant (which recently re-opened under new management), presented by Better Live and proudly partnered by WESGRO, has a jam-packed line-up of South Africa’s best musicians for the holiday season! Set amongst the trees, serving good food by friendly and efficient staff, it is the perfect live-music venue. So be sure to check out their Facebook page to book your spot at one of the events happening there this season! And remember, Blend is just down the road from us and if you book your Hope Villa holiday accommodation directly Hope Villa B&B we will give you a 10% discount! It is within walking distance from us which means that you can have that extra glass of wine and not have to worry about driving!
The Blend Line-Up, presented by Better Live
- Jan Blohm Live in Knysna – Artistic Afrikaans! – December 15 @ 19h00
- Kevin Fraser Drop The Pressure – December 16 @ 19h00
- The Black Cat Bones – voted ‘best live act in SA’ (SAMA Award) – December 17 @ 19h00
- The Kiffness Fresh out of Lockdown – December 18 @ 19h00
- The 6th Annual Knysna Blues Festival – Six fantastic Blues Acts! – December 19 @ 14h00
- Matthew Mole – SA’s pop/folk sensation! – December 20 @ 15h00
- Jack Parrow – the one and only! – December 21 @ 19h00
- Radio Kalahari Orkes – Foot stomping fun! – December 23 @ 19h00
- The Parlotones! The bank that needs no introduction! – December 27 @ 19h00
- Prime Circle – Freedom Tour - Rocking South Africa for 20 years and counting! – December 29 @ 19h00
- Jesse Clegg – the new ‘Speed of Light’ tour – January 3 @ 15h00
- Ard Matthews & Arno Carstens – like you’ve never seen them before! – January 10 @ 15h00
Proudly partnered by WESGRO
Whilst in Knysna be sure to spend an evening or two at Muse Fusion Food! They will also be hosting live, local music throughout the holiday period. Check out their Facebook page Muse to keep up-to-date with their regular Friday night live music action! It’s a fantastic spot to feel the local Knysna vibe, eat some great food whilst listening to awesome sounds, play some pool and just enjoy the atmosphere.
If you haven’t ever partied at Bloo Bistro then you are missing something! “Bohemian fun and yet mystical, no other venue could quite compare with Bloo's warmth and charm of this much loved venue.... with a vast collection of interesting eye catching decor and lighting..... A must-see to believe that this venue is in Knysna.......” Bloo will be hosting their usual New Year’s Eve theme party as well as doing a live “piano bar vibe” every early evening throughout the season. Keep your eye on their Facebook page for more info!
Just one of the (AWESOME!!) reasons why you should head to Knysna for the summer hols!